Pages

May 29, 2009

Day 2


My goal to create this blog was to do something creative and keep sort of a journal of it. Well I did not do anything creative today sadly...and its a bad start as its only Day 2. But I found something that 
has not been shared with many people...

This is a painting I did for a class portraying what I think is the Utopian society...

Well I will explain more later...at the moment I have to drive to Philly and I am already late. =( its going to rain...

Tomorrow again I won't be able to do anything creative...as I will be in Maryland.




 

2 comments:

neel said...

Hey .. can u please explain more bout d painting .. :)

Nirja said...

So,There are two aspects to the idea of Utopia that I think can exist.

The first half is the environmental, which has existed and can exist if a society focuses on working for the same goal. All the five parts of a society (spiritual, economical, political, social and psychological) have the same goal such as to make their nation a knowledgeable state (which is what A.P.J Kalam mentioned in his book "Ignited Minds" India should focus on) and if all five aspects of the society are focusing on the same thing, Utopia exists as everything is in Harmony. During Ram Rajya, Utopia existed when everyone was focused on getting closer to God, and that goal reflected in everything they did. Not only from the Spiritual and Psychological point of view but also the political, economical and social. It was Utopia.

The second half of the painting depicts, the existence of Utopia in one's mind. In today's society it seems impossible for a group of people to think on the same track, forget to have them have the same goal and to do that as one nation just seems impossible. So how is one suppose to live a Utopian life in this Kalyug as we like to blame...
This quote from Gandhi has the answer "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." meaning, it is up to to us if we let the surrounding affect us or if we make our own Utopia within ourselves. And that happiness is what our Utopia is when our lifestyle is in harmony.

Well thats what I think Utopia is Neel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails