Pages

Mar 27, 2010

Day 37

Lab bench, where I sit/stand for hours and hours thinking about the peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my bag. And how the stuff I work with looks all the same, foggy liquid, clear liquid. More or less it all looks like water, and I feel like I am doing nothing! 

Saturday morning in lab. 

There was a marker laying around, I couldn't resist but draw this thing on the mug. Since the last one erased (lesson learned, permanent markers cannot withstand friction or soap water). 

My lab work wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't for these beautiful pictures where I can see the DNA. 
But it's making a lot of sense this year. It took me a whole semester to understand what I am doing.



There is a thing called DNA art, how crazy is that. They are pretty much gel pictures with colors! 
But its a little creepy to see your DNA hanging up on the wall, I think.

3 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

oh my gosh!! did you randomly draw this on the mug?? its simply gorgeous!

Nirja said...

Well, randomly in the sense that I was supposed to have been doing work in the lab but I drew the DNA structure that was on one of the books there instead.
and Thank You :)

Haddock said...

Like that thing with the permanent marker.

Related Posts with Thumbnails