Pages

Jul 5, 2011

Day 62

After having too much chill time at home and doing nothing creative for 5 days, my hands start to itch and head hurts!
So I was walking around Boscovs and found this bag for $3!!!! only $3!!!!
I had to buy it and since it was blank and white, either my sharpie or paint were definitely going to jump on there.


I painted peacock feathers.


Yes, I love peacock feathers!

(look at my super dark-tan-summer-skin)

Some people think I have a bohemian style, maybe by default because I make art or maybe because they actually notice my odd clothes . But the truth is my aunts in India love me too much and send me TONS of clothes. So I usually mix and match them with clothes I buy from here and make them look different =)
Like this pretty desi skirt with the newly painted bag.

Some people even think its funny of me to use ton to south asian motifs (such as peacock feather, paisleys, chai etc..) in my work, or everyday life. Something that people might perceive as a reflection of my descent, true for the most part. But at a certain point after being exposed to million other things your threshold to hold on the base can easily be surpassed. Yes, this culture is in my foundation but I CHOSE to keep it this way and have molded myself towards this culture. 
I am Desi!

Now onto some non-desi things
"Love Song" by 311






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails