During my break from non-stop maya today I was going through this blog and looked over all the things I had created in the past and written about. Its been 3 and half years since my first post about sewing.
I used to spend a lot of time on here, thinking, writing, editing the layout and more importantly posting my art work. Some of them were alright, some of them were really bad and some were just a good memory of a moment (such as this one) that kindled this something in me that made me want to share. I am quiet embarrassed to read some of the posts (with grammatical errors and childish thoughts ) or even look at all the silly things I created.
I didn't get a chance to write much over the year of 2012 mainly because I was busy with work, school and preparing a portfolio for grad schools. Also because Tumblr is an easier way to post my art work.
But I miss this place and realize that a very vital part of my life was captured on this blog, a time when I didn't get a chance to doddle, paint, draw or ramble much (since I did science all the time). But whenever I did get a chance, I shared it here.
It motivated me to keep doing better, make this blog 'cooler' and get better.
But I can go back and see how much I have improved even with all the faults in any art or my terrible writing. A visual journal of sort. An open book for everyone to see the struggles an artist goes through on a piece of paper. An artist that find the problem, struggles with it, struggles with it more and more till one can overcome it and can be content with it. With each piece comes another struggle. Fighting to show these struggles less and less. I am glad I was able to share the things I did.
Today I create work that is nothing of the sort I shared on this blog. Medical illustration doesn't seem to fit this blog.
But I'll post some stuff that I have been working on for the past few months in grad school, hopefully it fills the quota for last year.
Here are some patterns I created in my Illustrative Design class last quarter, that were designed for lining of a lab coat.
The test tubes were created in Maya and the cell was created in Illustrator.
This was a t-shirt design for Anthropologie. Even though they dont sell t-shirts, I think this is the type of t-shirt they would sell if they had one.
And here is this awesome bug called Eupholus schoenherri that my friend Sarah took a pic of. I will be making this into an amazing Illustrator project ( I know its going to take forever).
Heart created in Illustrator with heart worms and a sketch on the right for a photoshop assignment.
and this one was done in Illustrator for a mock magazine cover.
There finally I posted something.
Now I will get back to some more animation/maya work. As much as maya is fun it is soo tiring. I am tired. sigh.